Monday, November 19, 2007

World's largest carrot

That's right!
Unearthed recently near my workplace, the world's largest carrot.

(slightly discolored, and with people in the picture so you can gauge its size)



Edit - November 2008
For some reason, the page views for this post went through the roof over the past month. I'm not sure if someone's linking back to this page or if its showing up on some Carrot Group's site.

This is not a carrot, its a palm tree. I'm sorry if my quirky sense of humour caused wrong search results.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What exactly is it? Could you send me a good quality photo so I can include it in the World Carrot Museum?

Thanks, John

Dav said...

Sorry man, its actually a palm tree thats been attacked by a type of palm fungus that 'burns' off the top of the tree, causing the leaves and palm fronds to wilt.

It causes the tree to die, and is very contagious, so they dug up the tree (there were more palm trees there) just to make sure it didn't spread.

My bad!

Anonymous said...

It's a palm tree I think that was worn down.

Dav said...

Yup, its a palm tree

Anonymous said...

That looks like one hellaciously large parsnip. I guess it's the monsoons that make 'em grow that big.

Dav said...

And the elephant poo!

Anonymous said...

That isn't a carrot!
You must be crazy if you think it's one!
Ehh...